Friday, April 02, 2010

Looking for something to read?

Well let me recommend some of my links!
(located on the left of this page under the menu labled "LINKS")

-Find out what is going on at the good Calvary chapels in Sonoma county (I’m kidding! ...Mostly).

-Have you ever read "Created To Be His Help Meet?" By Debi Pearl? Did you love it? Did you hate it? Or did something just not sit right with you? Well consider this help meet blog. I found the blog to be very fare and balanced while pointing out the very serious and dangerous flaws the book contains. Be sure to read some of the comments as well. It’s very interesting. For my part I feel this couple’s argument is kind, well reasoned and biblically sound (unlike the pearls argument). But that’s me and I can say so because it’s my blog. Got a problem with that? Great! Let me know in the comment section.

-There have been few authors and speakers that have contributed more to my spiritual education than Hank Hanegraaff. He was, at a crucial time of my life, both a tutor and a doorman to deeper truths and a wide selection of great resources. I think what I appreciate the most about his ministry is his not being quite so concerned with answering bible questions but teaching people the principles of the faith. He doesn't just hand out answers he shows you how to figure things out on your own. The Prayer of Jesus, The Covering, The Resurrection and The Apocalypse Code have probably had the greatest impact of all his books. You can check out his blog or go to the Christian Research Institute (C.R.I.) website to find great articles and resources like the Christian research journal which I also highly recommend.

-John Ankerberg is another apologist which has had a great impact on my life. This website has all kinds of great articles and resources as well as filmed and audio debates with every biblical or religious issued under the sun. There is plenty to learn there.

-“The Daily Nice” is just a fun little picture. Check it out it will explain it self. Its safe I promise.

-Lastly I would VERY HIGHLY recommend to anyone that uses the internet, anyone that can read, anyone who enjoys any kind of gaming or on line community networks, and especially those of you who feel the internet "is not going anywhere and is probably always going to be around." READ THIS STORY! Ok so its not biblical prophecy; and in fact it was written by a humanist. But keep in mind it was written a hundred years ago by a humanist who was concerned about the rapid exponential growth in industry and technology. It’s a short story, only 20 pages and well worth the time it takes to read it. Plenty of food for thought there and some very surprising insights about what was the future of technology. And let me know what you thought when you are finished. Well that's gonna do it for me. Happy exploring and reading. Peace to all 2 of you who actually read this thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mr.Loofbourrow,
I think I want to disagree with you about something but I am not sure what it is yet. O yes you said you wanted to give me some links. I don't see any links. I will have to teach you a think or two about this thing called HTML.